Terry A. Kessler is a partner of Hill Wallack LLP in the Princeton, N.J. office. She is a member of the firm’s Community Association Law and Family Law Practice Groups where she concentrates her practice in the areas of community association law. She is also a state approved mediator.
Terry oversees the group’s collection practice and has lectured on the collection of delinquent assessments as well as issues regarding enforcement and other areas of practice related to the representation of associations. She is involved in all areas of Community Association Practice.
- Established collection procedures for association clients and collected hundreds of thousands of dollars in delinquent assessments for client associations
- Established Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedures and trained Association members in providing ADR
- Served as legal counsel to Associations in ADR proceedings and represented Associations in rule enforcement litigation
- Successfully negotiated with municipal authorities with regard to association issues including municipal services agreements
- Member, New Jersey Community Associations Institute Editorial Committee
- Member, Greater Delaware Valley Chapter Community Associations Institute, NJ Regional Council and Membership Committee
- Past Chair, New Jersey Chapter Community Associations Institute Membership Committee
- Past Chair, New Jersey Community Associations Institute Conference Committee
- Member, Greater Delaware Valley Chapter Community Associations Institute, Trade Show Committee and Conference Committee
- Member, New Jersey Community Associations Institute, Education Committee
Terry is admitted to practice in New Jersey before the US District Court and New Jersey State Courts as well as Pennsylvania. She is admitted to the New Jersey Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Bucks County Bar Association. She began her legal career in the NJ Superior Court, Essex County, Family Part serving as law clerk to the Hon. June Strelecki and the Hon. Alexander J. Matturri. She was educated at Albright College (B.A.) and received her Juris Doctor degree from Seton Hall University Law School in 1985.
Terry has volunteered at the Somerset Country Woman’s Resource Center, where she counseled abused and battered woman on legal issues. As a breast cancer survivor, she volunteers her time to speak with high school students about breast cancer as a part of Hadassah’s “Check it Out” Health Awareness Program.