Caroline Record is a partner in the Morristown, N.J. office of Hill Wallack LLP, where she is a member of the Community Associations and Real Estate practice groups.
Ms. Record is admitted to practice in New Jersey (1989), New York (1990), and Washington D.C. (1991). She earned her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law and her B.A. from Rutgers College.
Ms. Record concentrates her practice in the area of community association law and residential real estate. Ms. Record’s practice also includes estate planning and administration, special needs trusts, guardianship applications, foreclosure, and other real estate-related work. Previously, Ms. Record was heavily involved in all aspects of construction defect litigation and was a representative of the steering committee for community associations in the FRT Plywood consolidated litigation in the early 1990’s.
- District X Ethics Investigator, 1999-2003
- District XA and XB Ethics Committee Secretary, 2006 – Present
- Member, Morris County and New Jersey State Bar Associations
- Past President, Former Trustee, and Past Chair, Editorial and Legislative Action Committees, New Jersey Chapter of the Community Associations Institute (CAI-NJ)
- Awarded Best Committee by the National Board of the Community Associations Institute (CAI) while Chair of the Legislative Action Committee
- Elected and served as member to the national CAI’s Business Partner’s Council, 2009-2012
- Past Chair, Common Interest Ownership Committee, New Jersey Bar Association
- Past President, New Jersey Community Association Political Action Committee
- Admitted to Community Associations Institute College of Community Association Lawyers
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association, Real Property, Trusts and Estates Section, Board of Consultors, June 2012 – Present
Presentations & Publications
Ms. Record has lectured and written on both the national and state levels for members of the Community Associations Institute and has participated as an amicus curae on behalf of CAI-NJ in several cases.