By: Gregg Shivers

If you are considering buying a deed restricted property (one that is in a condominium or homeowner’s association) you should do some investigation before you sign a contract. The seller has a legal right to access all the books and records of the association so they or the realtor can get these documents for you.  If the association has a website, many of the documents are posted there as well.

Here are a few tips.