On June 30, 2011, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) issued its Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guidelines for condominiums seeking approval for FHA mortgages. These guidelines are intended to provide a single source of information as well as to consolidate, update and clarify the FHA’s previous policies and procedures for condominium project approval.
- You can read Hill Wallack LLP’s full client alert on FHA’s June 30, 2011 Mortgage Letter 2011-22 here.
- The Waiting is the Hardest Part: New FHA Mortgage Letter Relaxes Criteria for Condominium Project Approval (September 13, 2012)
- Coming Soon! FHA Revisions to the Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guidelines (April 13, 2012)
- FHA Rumblings and Grumblings (March 6, 2012)
- FHA Responds to CAI Regarding Transfer Fees (December 7, 2011)
- CAI Meets with FHA to Discuss Changes to the Condominium Project Approval and Processing Guidelines (November 21, 2011)
Important FHA Links
- HUD/FHA Resource Center
- FHA Frequently Asked Questions
- FHA Homeownership Centers (HOCs)
- HUD Approved Condominium Projects – Search for FHA-Approved Condominium Projects by Name, Location, or Status
Hill Wallack LLP’s Community Associations Practice Group can assist your condominium association in navigating the FHA approval process and submitting your FHA application for approval. For more information on this issue or how we can be of assistance, please contact one of our Community Associations attorneys.